Walden University Masters in Health Informatics Programs
- Walden Health Informatics Programs Overview: Walden offers an MS in Health Informatics that provides students in-depth training on health information systems management. Students must complete 33–36 semester credits to graduate with an option to earn a practicum experience by adding an additional course to the program.
- School Overview: Walden University offers various online programs that meet the unique needs of today’s working students. With over 60 degree programs and 300 specializations and concentrations, students can explore many high-demand occupations. Special learning opportunities at Walden include practicums and internships, virtual field experiences, and capstones. Walden is also affiliated with many honor societies and student organizations that help students advance within their field and expand their professional network.
- School Founded: 1970 by Bernie and Rita Turner
- Accreditation: Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of The North Central Association, www.ncahlc.org; 312-263-0456.
- Number of Faculty Members: 2,500+
- Number of Students: 46,500+
- Campuses: Online
- Funding Options:
- Private Education Loans
- Competitive Fellowships awarded by the Office of the President
- Student Payment Plans
- Loan and Grant Programs based on eligibility
- Veteran Benefits
- Financial Assistance for international students
- Higher Education Professional Development Program
- Tuition-Reduction Opportunities
- Health Informatics Programs Offered:
Featured Master's in Healthcare Informatics Programs
Health informatics is the study of how technology, particularly artificial intelligence, computer science, and informational science relates to the medical field. This field of study is typically applied to clinical care, nursing, public health, and biomedical research. The universities and colleges listed below offer online master's degree programs in this subject
Capella University's online master's in Health Care Informatics integrates information science, computer science, social science, and health care to give you the skills and knowledge you need to help your organization improve the overall quality of health care and population health, along with reducing costs.
Students studying in Walden's health informatics master's degree program will learn the basic skills required to use advanced technology in the healthcare industry, specifically applying health informatics to improve the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses. Walden also offers two informatics tracks in the MSN program: an RN-MSN track and a BSN-MSN track.
America's largest online christian university, Grand Canyon University, offers a Master of Science in Health Care Informatics degree that provides students with knowledge of the concepts of systems life cycles, data management, and health informatics. Graduates of this program will be well suited for a career as a medical technologist or other upper-level healthcare professional. For students looking for a nursing-focused informatics degree, GCU offers an MSN in Informatics program.
The Master of Science in nursing informatics from Kaplan University enriches student's knowledge of dealing in technology-rich healthcare environments. Graduates of this program will be eligible to become nurse practitioners and will be able to pursue informatics leadership roles in healthcare, business, and education settings.
Looking for a health informatics degree?
Fill out this short form below, and we'll help match you to a college program that suits your interests, whether online- or campus-based.