This sounds like a great conference. If you live in the Texas area, I would consider attending this HIMSS conference.
If you have colleagues who need to know more about how informatics is shaping the future of nursing, recommend they attend the HIMSS Nursing Informatics Institute hosted by Baylor Health Care System! This one-day, in-person event will discuss the role of nurses in implementing information technology to enhance nursing workflow, promote patient safety and yield outcomes that improve patient care.
HIMSS Nursing Informatics Institute: Drivers of Informatics Practice *
Friday, September 28, 2012
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Baylor Medical Center at Irving
- Session 1: Explore the MU Alphabet Soup
Liz Johnson, MS, FHIMSS, CPHIMS, RN-BC, VP, Applied Clinical Informatics, Tenet Health
- Session 2: Informatics in Practice – Understanding the Usability Curve
Donna Montgomery, RN-BC, BSN, MBA, Baylor Health Care System, System Director of Nursing/Patient Care Informatics
- Session 3: We’ve Come A Long Way Baby – TIGER
Sally Schlak, RN, MBA, Senior Director, TIGER Initiative
- Session 4: Dialogue with Professional Panel
- Session 5: The Future of Nursing and the Role of Informatics
Willa Fields, DNSc, RN, FHIMSS, Professor San Diego State University, School of Nursing
Register online at: www.himss.org/baylor
Registration is $90 per person, including luncheon.
Questions? Please contact Maggie Van Vossen, Manager, Professional Development,
* CPHIMS & Continuing Nursing Education Credit will be offered.