If you aspire to work in healthcare, but also have a knack for information technology and computer science, perhaps you should consider a career as a health informaticist, with opportunities in both private and public health sectors. Health informatics jobs can range from sales jobs for electronic health records companies to software developers to bioinformatics and research. How do you find jobs in this field? While you could look at Monster.com, some of the most interesting jobs might be found at health informatics sites, organizational sites, or even at the actual job site. Masters In Health Informatics.com also added a job board recently as well! It’s a great place to start your job search for your new career as a health informaticist.
This list of 33 essential Web sites to find health informatics jobs contains all that and more — we also included recruiting sites that list job possibilities on their Web sites.
HIM and HIT Jobs Sites
- Advance for Healthcare Careers: This page, specifically for HIM specialists, offers jobs ranging from coders to faculty and administrators.
- Health Career Web: Search through this medical job board page to find the HIM job you want. Jobs are separated by title, company, state and date posted.
- Healthcare IT Central: Take advantage of resources like a content library, social media interaction, RSS feeds, upload resume and search features, a weekly job alert email newsletter, customized employer directory and personalized service.
- Healthcare IT Job Board: Whether you’re searching for a new job, hiring or recruiting, HealthcareITReps.com is your online source for jobs in EMR, EHR and healthcare information technology.
- Healthcare IT Jobs: This jobs site is dedicated solely to health care IT jobs. Post a resume, build an account, search for jobs and get alerts through RSS about updates.
- HIMJobBoard: Serving the health information management field exclusively, this site provides listings for HIM jobs at premier healthcare facilities across the country.
- HIP Jobs: This job board has served the healthcare industry, HIM providers and clinicians since 1999.
- HISTalk Job Boards: While job boards sometimes lack focus, this job board is different. You’ll find jobs that range from sales to executive positions and from product managers to software design engineers.
- Med IT Jobs: This site is filled with health care information management and technology jobs.
- MedSphere: Jobs at this open source healthcare company range from software engineers to clinical system analysts to product management directors and customer care support.
- Minnesota Health Information Technology Jobs at Mayo Clinic: If you have experience as a health information technology or medical records professional, Mayo Clinic would like to talk to you about opportunities at their facility in Rochester Minnesota. Take a look at the number of jobs available, just at this one location (currently three pages).
- National Marrow Donor Program: This program is expanding, and their technological avenues are broadening as well. You can find jobs on this page that range from bioinformatics programmer analyst to project manager and operations database administrator.
EMR and EHR Jobs Sites
- Advantage EMR: This is one example of an EMR company that seeks “bright, motivated and enthusiastic people to lead our sales and client relations efforts.” Applicants must have two years of medical industry experience in sales or as a medical practice office administrator.
- EMR Experts: Another company that constantly seeks recruits. A person who has sales experience and a health informatics background could do well in jobs like the ones suggested here.
- justEMRJOBS.com: This site is the ideal destination for searching through EMR-related job opportunities by location or by keyword search.
- EMRJobs.com: Headquartered just outside of Denver, Colorado, EMRjobs.com is a privately held company that’s focused on providing the most up-to-date healthcare career opportunities, specifically those within the electronic medical record (EMR) industry.
- hCare: This list of current EHR job opportunities at hCare is just a sample of what this company offers. HCA, the parent company, was rated as a “Best Place to Work” for IT employees in 2009.
- MedReps: MedReps.com has helped thousands of candidates launch and advance their medical sales careers. These jobs include technology, ranging from biotechnology to Internet jobs.
- The Informatics Group EMR Jobs: Look for jobs as testing managers, trainers and implementation trainers at this site.
Recruiters and Organizational Job Sites
- AHIMA Career Assist: The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is the premier association of health information management (HIM) professionals. Use their tools to find a job or to create a career.
- CiSoftware: Ci Software is an established IT contract staffing company that also happens to focus on healthcare. You can click on this link to search through their jobs or contact them by submitting a resume.
- Global HealthCare Recruiters: This company specializes in the recruitment and placement of health information management and directors, EHR consultants and managers and much more.
- GPPHI Public Health Informatics Jobs: The Global Partners in Public Health Informatics posts information about jobs in the public health sector on this page.
- H.I.M. Recruiters: H.I.M. Recruiters is dedicated to serving health information management professionals and firms specifically. HIM candidates also can find interview and resume tips here.
- HIMSS JobMine: The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) provides readers with a list of jobs available to HIM professionals.
- Job Bank Network: This site is supported by the Ohio Health Information Management Association. You do not need to be a member to register and search for jobs.
- KForce: Check out this list of about 200 HIM positions, offered by a company that actively seeks these job positions. Kforce’s 1,900 staffing specialists operate 63 offices in 41 markets in North America and two in the Philippines.
- Maxim Staffing Solutions: Maxim Health Information Services is a leading national staffing company for the Health Information Management (HIM) field. HIM professionals with Maxim will find a wide range of rewarding job opportunities available on a full-time, part-time, contract, travel, and remote basis.
- OfficeTeam: This specialized administrative staffing group offers jobs in the medical field, including a variety of technology careers. You can search through their job offerings to learn more.
- Searchlight Recruiters: This recruiter provides executive search and staffing to healthcare providers, payers and vendors nationwide. Additionally, they offer healthcare IT Risk Management and Compliance Services to healthcare providers nationwide.
- StaffPointe: Regardless if you are looking for HIM/IT jobs in metropolitan, suburban, or rural community, this company claims they can help you.
- University of Illinois at Chicago: This is an example of how some larger university hospital and research facilities offer jobs. In specific this page offers jobs geared toward health informatics.
- World Health Organization: This page at WHO demonstrates the type of individual that this organization looks for to work at WHO. Most should demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge.