Health ITx Change is a free online community. Effective use of health information technology (health IT) has great potential to improve the quality and efficiency of health care. But implementation of an electronic health record (EHR) system often involves risks that can result in costly mistakes and implementation failures. By working together as a community, we can help each other avoid such risks and achieve the full potential of health IT. TheHealthITxChange was created to support this community. The HealthITxChange is a nonprofit initiative that joins together health care and health IT professionals to share lessons learned and resources (referred to as pearls) for implementing EHRs in a physician office. This unique online community enables members to share and discuss health IT adoption issues with a volunteer peer network of informaticists,
physicians, nurses, ancillary medical staff, administrators, vendors, and consultants. As a member of the HealthITxChange, a free, online community, you can:
- Have information tailored to your profile (located in MyWorkspace).
- Rate pearls (shared information).
- Access detailed submission information.
- Share your experiences.
- Volunteer to be a community leader as a peer reviewer or lead contributor.
Members make the community work by donating their time to share their experience and expertise through submission of pearls, rating of pearls, serving as peer reviewers, and providing feedback when requested by the HealthITxChange.
Our mission is to provide a free, practical, unbiased, and experience-based online community where clinicians and other professionals collaborate
to solve real-world problems related to planning, implementing, and optimizing health IT.
What We Are Not
The HealthITxChange does not endorse products or services. We post draft and peer-reviewed submissions from the community. Any references to specific products, processes, services, manufacturers, or companies do not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the HealthITxChange or any of its partner organizations. Although our intent is to present only accurate information, the HealthITxChange does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, products, or processes discussed on this site. Principles of the Community
- Is clinician-oriented
- Enables clinicians and their staff to have a voice
- Enables health IT and other interested professionals to share relevant knowledge
- Recognizes and celebrates the value of community members
- Promotes citizenship
- Enables effective community influence in the health IT space
- Provides value
- Is pragmatic
- Strives to be unbiased and independent
- Is transparent
- Is responsive to the needs of the community
- Is timely and current
- Operates with integrity
- Strives to be world-class
- Is free
- Is inclusive
- Enables education, training, and research