Calling all nursing informatics students – This is a great event to participate in. The New York State Chapter of HIMSS is sponsoring its first New York State Student Nursing Informatics Conference on November 09, 2012, at the New York Hospital Queens. Co-sponsors include the New York University, Molloy College, and New York Hospital Queens. Date: November 9, 2012 Time: 9:00 AM
– 1:00 PM Place: New York Hospital Queens (NYHQ), Lang Auditorium, 56-45 Main Street, Flushing, NY 11355 Invited & Confirmed speakers include:
- MaryAnn Connor, MSN, RN, CPHIMS, NYU, College of Nursing, Director, Nursing Informatics, MSKCC
- Lauren Johnston, FACHE, Senior Assistant Vice President, Office of Patient Centered Care NYC Health & Hospitals Corporation
- Freida Pemberton, PHD, EDD, RN, BC; Molloy College, Division of Nursing
- Nadia Sultana, MBA, RN, BC; New York University, College of Nursing
- Helen Figge, PharmD, MBA, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt; HIMSS, Professional Development
The event will be focused on Career Development and Patient-Centered Nursing Informatics. For more information, click here. A student poster presentation competition will be sponsored and the best presentation will be awarded. To submit a presentation, contact Susanna Schmer, RN, (firstname.lastname@example.org). We invite NYS Nursing programs and vendors who would be interested in co-sponsoring the first student nursing informatics conference in New York on November 9, 2012. For more information on becoming a sponsor, contact Anthony Ferrante (Anthony.Ferrante@CDILLC.com). Register Today!